My research primarily uses empirical data to study the social and economic impact of emerging phenomena driven by technology innovations in online platforms, such as social media, e-commerce, gig economy, and digital health platforms. I also have a keen interest in developing novel econometric methods to address statistical challenges facing empirical researchers.
- Jing Peng and Chen Liang (2023) On the Differences Between View-Based and Purchase-Based Recommender Systems. MIS Quarterly, 47(2):875-900.
- Chen Liang, Jing Peng, YiliHong, and Bin Gu (2023) The Hidden Costs and Benefits of Monitoring in the Gig Economy. Information Systems Research, 34(1):297-318.
- Hongfei Li, Jing Peng, Xinxin Li, and Jan Stallaert (2023) When More Can Be Less: The Effect of Add-on Insurance on the Consumption of Professional Services. Information Systems Research, 34(1):363-382.
- Jing Peng (2023) Identification of Causal Mechanisms from Randomized Experiments: A Framework for Endogenous Mediation Analysis. Information Systems Research, 34(1):67-84.
- Yili Hong, Jing Peng, Gordon Burtch, and Ni Huang (2021) Just DM Me (Politely): Direct Messaging, Politeness, and Hiring Outcomes in Online Labor Markets. Information Systems Research, 32(3): 675-1097.
- Shu He, Jing Peng, Jianbin Li, and Liping Xu (2020) Impact of Platform Owner’s Entry on Third-Party Stores. Information Systems Research, 31(4): 1467-1484.
- Zhu Zhang, Daniel Zeng, Ahmed Abbasi, Jing Peng, and Xiaolong Zheng (2013) A Random Walk Model for Item Recommendation in Social Tagging Systems. ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, 4(2): 1-24.
- Jing Peng, Daniel Zeng, and Zan Huang (2011) Latent Subject-centered Modeling of Collaborative Tagging: An Application in Social Search. ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, 2(3): 1-23.
- Huiyan Chen, Jing Peng, Hongfei Li, and Ramesh Shankar. Impact of Refund Policy on Sales of Paid Information Services: The Moderating Role of Product Characteristics. Reject & Resubmit at Information Systems Research.
- Tong Shen, Chen Liang, Jing Peng, Mengcheng Guan, and Jianbin Li. Impact of Medical AI on Drug Purchases. Under Review.
- Huiyan Chen, Jing Peng, Mengcheng Guan, and Jianbin Li. Team Purchase as a Marketing Strategy. Under Review.
- Huiyan Chen, Jing Peng, Jan Stallaert, and Sulin Ba. The Value of Teamwork: Evidence from Crowdsourcing Contests. Under Review.